Took my parents to Ikea today, they are looking for ideas to renovate the bathroom, laundry and kitchen in their rental property - after the last tenants left the place uninhabitable.
Had a look around and have a confession to make ..... I actually enjoyed it. Until I went downstairs and had to make my way through the maze, passing every single product Ikea made just so that I could get to the checkout.
But the top section was cool, I especially liked the little display cubicles (Okay, 22, 35 and 65 square metres are a little bigger than most cubicles) which incorporated, kitchen, laundry, bed and living areas. I am not sure that it would be suitable for anyone but a single person ... even a cat may take up too much room. But as exercises on what can be done in a small area they were very interesting. Which is probably a bit rich coming from someone who is building a 315 square metre home.
Got some ideas for the study and my computer room; I am not using the designated study as my computer room - I make too much mess and by migrating to Bedroom 2 I can always shut the door if I don't want anyone to see how untidy my desk, room, bookcase, cupboards are!
Was an interesting day, not so sure I want to go back in a hurry though :)
