Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bricks

A week after the slab was poured the bricks were delivered, unlike our initial impressions about the slab where both Rayleen and I thought it was smaller than we expected, both of us thought that we had enough bricks for two homes delivered to our site.

Since then I have spoken to the brickie who estimated that there were about 17,000 bricks to be laid.


From here it looks rather bare, but then if you will turn left you will see the 'Great Wall of Harrisdale';


I am not so sure our neighbours to be appreciated the new 'attraction' at their front door.

The obligatory portaloo shot;


A word from our sponsor. Apparently these are called partition bricks and are used to give the wall the 'stepped' look - noticable at the top of the wall, the same effect is achieved at the bottom by using 25mm moulding - or so it says on the plan.


One last look over the top of the car towards the slab.