Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Look at the Display Home

I have been organising my pictures today, trying to get some sort of system going, and have been amazed at;
  1. Some of the odd things I have taken photographs of. A close up of the silliest things. They must have meant something to me at the time, but what was I thinking when I took a close-up of the water meter?
  2. The number of times I have photographed the same thing on different occasions. I am sure there must be six different photographs of the same wall on my hard drive.
Anyway, I thought I would post a small sample of photgraphs I have taken of the display home.

The Front Elevation.
Our home is going to look like this, except that we have chosen different colours for the render, and we have changed the number and style of outside lights. We thought that five lights on the front of the house is a little overkill, so have reduced the number to two, one either side of the garage entry.


The Kitchen
We have removed the 'feature' from the end of the island bench, but that aside, the kitchen layout isd exactly the same. The rangehood has been upgraded since the photo was taken and the model included with the house has a nice curved glass canopy and looks rather swish actually. The pendants are similar to the ones we have purchased for over the bench.


The Ensuite
This is (one of) my extravagances. For some reason I just 'had' to have this bath included in the ensuite. It's almost big enough to be used as a lap pool. It's adds a little 'wow' to the ensuite, and that's always good!


Change the square basins to round and you have an idea of what the vanity in the ensuite will look like.


So, that's a small sample of what the house will look like, obviously the colours will be different. I am afraid that will have to wait until tiles and cupboards/drawers/ benches are installed so I can take pictures for you all. (It's a boy thing!)